Friday, September 25, 2015

This past week I attended the study abroad affair, which was interesting to hear about all of the different programs and all of the different places it is possible to study abroad. It was also cool to see all of the different cultures being represented at the tables and all the different ways it is possible to become involved in the different cultures of the different countries. I am planning to study abroad in  Spain next semester in the spring of 2016, and go to Madrid. While at the study abroad fair and in the past week I got the opportunity to talk to some students who have studied abroad in Madrid, which was very helpful as I was able to learn more about Spain and more specifically Madrid, and the culture of the country. I was able to learn a lot more about the food, and understand more about the types of meals I will be served when I study abroad in Spain both by my host family and when I go out to eat. A lot of the food that I was shown pictures of looked really good, but is very different from American food in that Spanish food contains a lot of different ingredients and tends to be more complex dishes, while American food seems to be more simple and less complex dishes. I am really excited to be studying abroad since other than going to the Caribbean, I have never been out of the country, especially to a place like Spain, a country that speaks a completely different language than what I am used to. I am looking forward to all that I am about to experience, especially being able to use all that I have learned in Spanish classes I have taken since elementary school, and apply it in Spain by communicating with the locals and relying completely on my knowledge of the language and the culture.        

No comments:

Post a Comment